O'Connor Conservation Restriction, Bedford
- Dogs must be leashed and picked up after.
- If a trail is marked "closed," Do Not Enter. (Our trails often cross lands owned by others.)
- Please follow all federal and state orders regarding public activities and masks.
If you encounter a hazard, such as a downed tree that is blocking a trail, please contact us at [email protected] or 978-443-5588.
Owned by the Town of Bedford, the O’Connor land contains wooded uplands and wetlands, and it lies within a region that holds residential, industrial, and conservation lands. The trail system provides a much-need place for respite and exercise in the midst of a heavily developed area.
In 2009, the Town donated a conservation restriction (CR) on the property to SVT; this CR ensures the property will never be developed into housing lots. SVT works with the Town of Bedford to ensure that the conservation values on the land are maintained.
In addition to the trail access at the parking area, it is also possible to enter the trails slightly north of 457 Old Billerica Road and behind 10 Noreen Drive in Bedford.
- The property’s primary use is for conservation and passive recreation.
- Horseback riding is permitted on the trails.
- The land includes habitat for the blue-spotted salamander, a species of special concern in Massachusetts.
- The southern trail connects to a trail on the Bedford Woods CR, which is maintained by the Town of Bedford.
- The property lies in close proximity to the Town of Bedford’s Shawsheen River Conservation Area to the south and Fortune Drive Conservation Area to the north.
With mapping software, search for this address:
463 Old Billerica Road, Bedford, MA
From Route 3 in Bedford, take Exit 26. Follow Route 62 west toward Bedford for approximately 0.7 mile. Turn right onto Old Billerica Road. Go 1.7 miles. Turn right onto a very narrow access road (driveway) between two house lots. Number 463 is marked on a stone wall at the entrance to access the road. Go 200 feet to the parking area.