Sudbury Valley Trustees reservations are open to the public from dawn to dusk, and visitors are welcome. In order to protect these natural areas, the following are prohibited:
- Motorized Vehicles
- Hunting* or Trapping
- Disposing of Trash or Yard Waste
- Cutting or Removing Plants
- Metal Detecting
During the COVID-19 crisis, we ask that you keep all dogs leashed on our trails. Thank you.
Dog walking is allowed on SVT properties as long as sensitive resource areas and positive visitor experience are preserved. Dog walkers may not walk more than three dogs at a time. Read more on SVT's dog walking guidelines, and find more information on why the guidelines were established.
Should you see any unauthorized uses or emergencies on SVT property during your visit, we encourage you to notify local police or the Environmental Police at 800-632-8075. Please also report these activities to SVT at 978-443-5588.
Following state and federal regulations, hunting is allowed at Garfield Woods in Berlin.
In addition, hunting is allowed by special permit only at the following properties:
- Boylston: Brissette Property (shown on Mount Pisgah map)
- Framingham: Cowassock Woods, Henry's Hill, and Wayside Forest
- Littleton: Smith Conservation Land
- Northborough: Cedar Hill
- Wayland: Black Land and Murphy Field (shown on Hazel Brook map)
- Westborough: Cedar Swamp (not shown on SVT maps), Sawink Farm
Please contact the Director of Stewardship for more information about hunting permits.
**Camping: Special permits for camping may be given out, on a case-by-case review. Contact the Director of Stewardship for more information.
+ Bicycling: Bicycling is allowed at:
- Baiting Brook-Welch Reservation in Framingham--only on marked trails connecting to Callahan State Park. (We do not allow bikes on wetlands crossings where the trail is not suitable for that use or on steep slopes due to erosion.)
- Memorial Forest in Sudbury--only on marked trails.
- Ralph Hill Conservation Area/Vietnam Veterans Park in Billerica--only on the Green trail.
- Saddle Hill in Hopkinton.
Whitehall Woods in Hopkinton.