Metrowest Conservation Alliance
Members of the Metrowest Conservation Alliance (MCA) work collaboratively on land management (stewardship) and land protection to achieve regional conservation success. The MCA promotes sustainable forestry and agriculture, biodiversity protection, and local economies. The MCA recognizes the need to integrate people with the environment through education, extension and outreach in order to achieve our conservation goals.
Formed in 2009, the Metrowest Conservation Alliance (formerly the West Suburban Conservation Council, or WSCC), is a regional consortium of local land trusts, conservation commissions, agencies, individual landowners, and students working together on land conservation and stewardship. The MCA is based in Metrowest Boston, including the 36 towns within the Sudbury, Assabet, and Concord River watershed and neighboring towns that are welcome to participate.
Cooperation between conservation organizations within our region provides not only technical support on overlapping projects, but also gives political clout to regional efforts. The Alliance was originally formed as a Woodland Council, one of many regional conservation partnerships that were created to advance the Wildlands and Woodlands Vision.
Learn more about issues we're focusing on.
- Protecting Agricultural Lands
- Cooperative Land Protection Projects
- Forest Health
- Open Field Management
- Climate Adaptation
The MCA is coordinated by Sudbury Valley Trustees. For more information contact the MCA Cooridnator, Kristin O'Brien at [email protected].
The MCA meets twice a year, once in the fall and once in the spring, for approximately 2 hours. Sub-group workshops and working group meetings on selected topics of interest are held as requested by group members.
See a list of MCA Meetings & Events, including meeting agendas, presentations, and minutes.
- Acton Conservation Trust
- Boxborough Conservation Trust
- City of Marlborough
- Concord Land Conservation Trust
- Division of Fisheries & Wildlife-Natural Heritage & Endangered Species Program
- Lincoln Land Conservation Trust
- Littleton Conservation Trust
- New England Forestry Foundation
- Sherborn Rural Land Foundation
- Southborough Open Land Foundation (SOLF)
- Sudbury Valley Trustees
- Town of Acton Natural Resources Department
- Town of Billerica Conservation Commission
- Town of Concord Division of Natural Resources
- Town of Framingham Conservation Commission
- Town of Holliston Conservation Commission
- Town of Northborough Trails Committee
- Town of Stow Conservation Commission
- Town of Westborough Conservation Commission
- Town of Weston Conservation Commission
- Wayland Walks
- Westborough Community Land Trust
- Westford Conservation Trust