A generous landowner has offered to donate 4.5-acres to SVT along Rte. 20 in Marlborough, not far from Longfellow's Wayside Inn. This gift will provide a permanent buffer to SVT’s adjacent Grist Mill Pond Conservation Area, which is home to many native plants and buffers a vernal pools critical for frogs, newts, and salamanders.
Protecting this land will:
- Expand existing conservation land.
- Buffer critical wetland features.
- Protect native plants such as winterberry, American chestnut, and sassafras that dominate the property.
- Preserve the scenic quality of Wayside Inn Road.
At a Glance
- Location: Marlborough, Framingham, Sudbury town lines
- Size: 4.5-acres
- Land Type: Wetlands (vernal pool)
- Goal: Donation of land to SVT
July 2022: The Grist Mill Area Expansion has been protected! Thank you to our generous donors who helped cover the transaction and stewardship costs associated with this project.
- In upper-left corner of map, click >> to see the Map Legend
- Click + or - to zoom in or out.
- Click here to open a PDF of the map