Gifts of Real Estate
Your real estate assets can become a gift for generations to come. As a land trust, SVT is uniquely qualified to accept gifts of real estate.
There are many ways to maximize your giving and legacy commitment to conservation that can offer tax benefits for you and your family. Consult your attorney or financial advisor when considering your planned giving options.
Benefits of Giving a Gift of Real Estate:
- May reduce or eliminate real estate taxes
- May reduce estate taxes
- Free you of immediate and future management and selling issues
- Leave a lasting legacy for generations to come
Types of Real Estate Bequests
- Bequest of Land or Conservation Restriction (CR) - Ensure permanent conservation of your land. The assets can remain in your control during your lifetime while you reduce or eliminate future federal and state estate taxes.
- Bequest of “Non-Conservation” Real Estate - Bequest residential and commercial real estate to SVT and the proceeds from this sale will be used to sustain SVT and acquire other land with significant conservation value.
- Gift of Reserved Life Estate - Live on and use the property during your lifetimes or for a specified period. At the end of this period, ownership of the land automatically transfers to SVT.
We welcome the opportunity to discuss your bequest intentions at any time. Please contact Lisa Vernegaard, Executive Director, at 978-443-5588 x 114.
Sudbury Valley Trustees is a tax-exempt organization described in Section 501 (c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code. Tax ID # 04-6049963