To protect the health of our conservation lands and ensure that everyone enjoys their visit to our natural areas, please comply with our Trail Policies
SVT Trail Policies
- SVT reservations are open to the public from dawn to dusk.
- Please stay on trails to reduce your impact on wildlife and on the land.
- Please respect the rights of neighboring landowners by complying with their posted trail policies. Many SVT Trails connect to trails on lands owned by other entities, including private landowners, local municipalities, and nonprofit organizations.
- Please also see our Dog-Walking Policy, below.
In order to protect these natural areas and the wildlife who live on them, the following are prohibited on SVT properties:
- Motorized Vehicles
- Hunting or Trapping (some exceptions; see below)
- Camping (some exceptions; see below)
- Bicycling (some exceptions; see below)
- Disposing of Trash or Yard Waste
- Cutting or Removing Plants
- Metal Detecting
Should you see any unauthorized uses or emergencies during your visit, we encourage you to notify local police or the Environmental Police at 800-632-8075. Please also report these activities to SVT at 978-443-5588.