Birds in Lincoln
July 25, 2012
Ron McAdow photographed a green heron, great blue herons, wood ducks and a black-capped chickadee at Linden Tree Farm in Lincoln.
Birds at Great Meadows in Concord
May 26, 2012
Joan Chasan photographed red-winged blackbirds, a wood duck and mallards at Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge in Concord.
Birds in Sudbury
May 26, 2012
Joan Chasan photographed a pair of wood ducks and a black-capped chickadee off Water Row in Sudbury.
Wildlife at SVT's Greenways Conservation Area in Wayland
April 13, 2012
Craig Smith photographed the following at SVT's Greenways Conservation Area in Wayland: American kestrel, brown-headed cowbird, eastern bluebird, gray squirrel, mourning doves, northern flicker, tufted titmouse, and a pair of wood ducks.
Wildlife at ARNWR in Maynard
March 12, 2012
Craig Smith photographed an American black duck, belted kingfisher, common mergansers, a great blue heron, green-winged teal, herring gull, hooded mergansers, a muskrat and a wood duck at the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge in Maynard.
Birds in Framingham
February 18, 2012
Raj Das photographed mute swans, a tufted titmouse and a wood duck in and around Farm Pond in Framingham.
Birds in Ashland and Framingham
February 5, 2012
Dawn Puliafico photographed an eastern bluebird and a turkey vulture at Gryncel Park in Ashland, hooded mergansers on the Sudbury River in Ashland, and a wood duck on Farm Pond in Framingham.
Wood Duck in Framingham
February 3, 2012
Dawn Puliafico photographed this wood duck at Farm Pond in Framingham.
Birds around Crane Swamp
November 26, 2011
Gregory Billingham submitted this list of birds he saw during a hike around Crane Swamp in Northborough and Westborough, including SVT's Cedar Hill Reservation and Sawink Farm Reservation.
- Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 6
- Wood Duck (Aix sponsa) 1
- Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 1
- Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 6
- Hairy Woodpecker (Picoides villosus) 2
- American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 3
- Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 27
- Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 21
- White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 8
- Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
- Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa) 4
- Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis) 9 2 seen at Sawink; 7 near the top of Cedar Hill that has bluebird houses in the vicinity.
- Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) 1
- American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 12
- Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 1
- Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 1
- Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) 26
- Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 3
- Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis) 11
- Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 4
- American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 22
Wildlife at Upper and Lower Mill Brook in Wayland
June 8, 2011
Marie Goeritz photographed the following on a trip to Upper and Lower Mill Brook Conservation Areas in Wayland: downy woodpecker, common garter snake, a muskrat dome, painted turtles, snapping turtle, wood ducks.