Birds at Great Meadows in Concord
November 5, 2015
Steve Forman photographed an American crow, a flock of Canada geese and a great blue heron at Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge in Concord.
Crows and a Barred Owl in Stow
January 27, 2013
Steve from Stow photographed two American crows and a barred owl in his back yard.
Crows and a Deer in Stow
June 5, 2012
A white-tailed deer and two American Crows, photographed by Steve from Stow.
Birds around Crane Swamp
November 26, 2011
Gregory Billingham submitted this list of birds he saw during a hike around Crane Swamp in Northborough and Westborough, including SVT's Cedar Hill Reservation and Sawink Farm Reservation.
- Canada Goose (Branta canadensis) 6
- Wood Duck (Aix sponsa) 1
- Red-bellied Woodpecker (Melanerpes carolinus) 1
- Downy Woodpecker (Picoides pubescens) 6
- Hairy Woodpecker (Picoides villosus) 2
- American Crow (Corvus brachyrhynchos) 3
- Black-capped Chickadee (Poecile atricapillus) 27
- Tufted Titmouse (Baeolophus bicolor) 21
- White-breasted Nuthatch (Sitta carolinensis) 8
- Carolina Wren (Thryothorus ludovicianus) 1
- Golden-crowned Kinglet (Regulus satrapa) 4
- Eastern Bluebird (Sialia sialis) 9 2 seen at Sawink; 7 near the top of Cedar Hill that has bluebird houses in the vicinity.
- Hermit Thrush (Catharus guttatus) 1
- American Robin (Turdus migratorius) 12
- Gray Catbird (Dumetella carolinensis) 1
- Northern Mockingbird (Mimus polyglottos) 1
- Cedar Waxwing (Bombycilla cedrorum) 26
- Song Sparrow (Melospiza melodia) 3
- Dark-eyed Junco (Junco hyemalis) 11
- Northern Cardinal (Cardinalis cardinalis) 4
- American Goldfinch (Spinus tristis) 22
Cooper's Hawk preying on Crow in Sudbury
February 3, 2011
Dawn Dentzer submitted this series of photos of a Cooper's hawk preying on an American crow just outside her back door in Sudbury.
Wildlife at ARNWR in Maynard and Sudbury
May 16, 2010
Craig Smith photographed the following during a visit to the Assabet River National Wildlife Refuge in Maynard and Sudbury: mallard and ducklings, muskrat, Baltimore oriole, purple finch, Canada geese with goslings, gray catbird, American crow, white-tailed deer, and eastern phoebe.
Birds at Memorial Forest
March 5, 2010
Gregory Billingham reports the following birds from his walk at SVT's General Federation of Women's Clubs of Massachusetts Memorial Forest in Sudbury:
- Ring-billed Gull - 3
- Mourning Dove - 4
- Downy Woodpecker - 1
- American Crow - 3
- Black-capped Chickadee - Many
- Tufted Titmouse - Many
- Red-breasted Nuthatch - 1
- White-breasted Nuthatch - 4
- Eastern Bluebird - 1
Bald Eagle in Framingham
February 1, 2010
Susie Duff photographed this bald eagle being mobbed by American crows near SVT's Centennial Place Reservation, along the Sudbury River in Framingham.
Birds at Hamlen Woods and Reeves Hill Conservation Areas
November 29, 2008
Barbara Howell reports seeing the following birds at Hamlen Woods and Reeves Hill Conservation Areas:
12 mallards, 2 hairy woodpeckers, 2 American crows, 1 black-capped chickadee, 1 white-breasted nuthatch, 1 Carolina wren
Birds at Upper Mill Brook
November 11, 2008
Barbarah Howell saw the following birds on a recent walk at Upper Mill Brook in Wayland:
Great Blue Heron (1), Am. Black Duck (4), Mallard (3), Red-tailed Hawk (1), Red-bellied Woodpecker (2), Blue Jay (2), Am. Crow (2), Black-capped Chickadee (5), White-breasted Nuthatch (3), Eastern Bluebird (1), Swamp Sparrow (1), Dark-eyed Junco (6), Am. Goldfinch (8)