Job Opening: Stewardship Field Assistant (Temporary)
SVT seeks a Stewardship Field Assistant (SFA) to assist with invasive plant control projects and property maintenance at SVT reservations. This temporary position starts as soon as possible and will run until October 30, 2021, but we will consider an August 25 end date.
The SFA will conduct manual pulling and control of invasive plants, working alone and with volunteers. The SFA will also mow trails and conduct routine trail maintenance. The SFA will assist with other conservation land stewardship tasks as needed. The position is supervised by the Director of Stewardship.
- Physical ability to spend long hours outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical ability and willingness to operate a DR Field & Brush mower.
- Experience with basic hand tools.
- Experience with invasive plant identification and removal preferred.
- Have vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to interact with visitors for educational purposes.
- Willingness to work in and around poison ivy.
- Ability to work some evenings and weekend days.
- 37.5 hours/week.
- Starting as soon as possible (posting date 6/9/2021) and running ideally through October 30, but we will consider through August 25.
- Compensation: $13.50/hour.
Applications require a Cover Letter and a Resume.
- Send your Cover Letter and Resume to [email protected]
- Use the subject line: “Stewardship Field Assistant”
- Attachments: Please use filenames that begin with your surname.
Sudbury Valley Trustees
18 Wolbach Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
Position will remain open until filled.
Sudbury Valley Trustees is a regional land trust that protects natural areas and farmland for wildlife and people in the 36 communities that surround the Sudbury, Assabet, and Concord Rivers. Sudbury Valley Trustees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.svtweb.org