Job Opening: Stewardship Field Assistant, Summer 2021
Sudbury Valley Trustees has an opening for a Stewardship Field Assistant for Summer 2021. Download a pdf of this position description.
The Stewardship Field Assistant (SFA) will assist with invasive plant control projects and property maintenance at SVT reservations. SVT manages 90 reservations, totaling 2,350 acres.
The Stewardship Field Assistant will conduct manual pulling and control of invasive plants, working alone and with volunteers. The SFA will also mow trails and conduct routine trail maintenance. The SFA may assist with other conservation land stewardship tasks as needed. The position is supervised by the Director of Stewardship.
This position runs for 12 weeks, from June 1 through August 20, 2021.
- Physical ability to spend long hours outdoors in all weather conditions.
- Physical ability and willingness to operate a DR Field & Brush mower.
- Experience with basic hand tools.
- Experience with invasive plant identification and removal preferred.
- Have vehicle and valid driver’s license.
- Willingness to interact with visitors for educational purposes.
- Time frame: 37.5 hours/week; Starting June 1 through August 20 (12 weeks).
- Compensation: $13.50/hour.
- Application Deadline: April 20, 2021.
- A cover letter and a resume are required.
To apply by e-mail:
- Please e-mail cover letter and resume to [email protected].
- Use the subject line: “Stewardship Field Assistant”.
- Attachments: Please use filenames that begin with your surname.
To apply by mail, please mail cover letter and resume to:
Attn: SFA Application
Sudbury Valley Trustees
18 Wolbach Road
Sudbury, MA 01776
SVT is a regional land trust that protects natural areas and farmland for wildlife and people in the 36 communities that surround the Sudbury, Assabet, and Concord Rivers.
Sudbury Valley Trustees is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.svtweb.org