Imagine 2050 Virtual Table Host Toolkit
Table Hosts are the key to success at every SVT Benefit Gala, and Virtual Table Hosts are even more essential for our Imagine 2050 Virtual Gala, scheduled for March 5, 2021. Table Hosts encourage friends and family to attend our Galas to learn more about SVT’s work and support our conservation efforts.
For Imagine 2050, it’s easier than ever to be a Table Host. There are no tickets to buy, no meals to order, and no limit to how many people can “sit” at your Virtual Table. Whether 2 or 2000, your "guests" will make important contributions that lay the foundation for a lasting legacy of conservation in the region.
This toolkit provides all the information you need to become a successful Virtual Table Host and help make your vision for 2050 a reality.
Thank you for supporting SVT’s work.
What is “Imagine 2050”?
Since we are not able to gather for SVT’s traditional in-person Benefit Gala this year, we are pleased to be hosting a virtual gala: Imagine 2050. At this live-streamed event, co-hosts Lisa Vernegaard and David O’Leary will share stories and videos that illustrate SVT's vision for a 2050 that includes an abundance of healthy natural areas for wildlife and people. You'll be invited to invest in this vision, and you will see how your support can help us reach our goal.
What does a Virtual Table Host do?
Virtual Table Hosts serve as ambassadors and champions for SVT by encouraging friends and family to attend the Virtual Gala, learn more about SVT, and support our regional conservation efforts.
For this Virtual Gala, you will set up a “Virtual Table”--which is really an online fundraising page--at our online Virtual Gala page. Then, you can invite family and friends--your “guests”—to visit the page and make a donation. It’s not hard—you can set up a page in as little as 5 minutes.
There’s no limit to how many people you can invite, and there’s no ticket price.
You can also encourage your family and friends to register for Imagine 2050 and watch our live-streamed Virtual Gala on March 5, 2021 (7:00 to 7:45 p.m.). During the event, they will learn more about SVT’s successes and our plans to accelerate our work.
9 Easy Steps to Being a GREAT SVT Virtual Table Host
1. Register as a Virtual Table Host on our online fundraising platform at https://imagine2050.causevox.com by selecting “Join the Campaign.”
2. Create your “personal fundraiser page.” This is your Virtual Table. Be sure to set a fundraising goal for your table!
For an overview of the process, see “Getting Started as a Virtual Table Host.”
3. Join us for a Virtual Table Host Zoom Chat to learn more. SVT will host two optional virtual Zoom chats (30 minutes) so table hosts can share ideas for making Imagine 2050 SVT’s most successful fundraiser ever. Register for the session of your choice:
- Wednesday, February 10, 4:00 p.m.
- Thursday, February 18, 4:00 p.m.
4. Create an invitation list. Decide who you want to invite to donate to the Imagine 2050 Virtual Gala. Family, friends, colleagues, business and community contacts – think about anyone you know who may be inspired to support SVT’s mission.
5. Invite your "guests". Contact others and invite them to contribute to your fundraising goal. Phone, email, and social media tools like Facebook are all good options, and you can use a combination of these methods. (See our suggestions for invitation messages.)
6. Follow-up on your invitations. Determine when and how often you will reach out to your guests, and decide on the purpose of each message. We recommend two or three rounds of messages.
- Inform people about Imagine 2050, and invite them to visit your Virtual Table and help reach the fundraising goal.
- Remind people about Imagine 2050, your Virtual Table, and your fundraising goal.
- Encourage people to register for SVT’s live-streamed event on Friday, March 5, 2021. All those who register will be entered into a drawing to win a prize.
7. Say Thank You. We encourage you to contact and thank anyone who contributes to your fundraising goal soon after they donate. (They will also receive an acknowledgement from SVT after the March 5 event.)
8. Tune-in! Register to watch the live-streamed event on Friday, March 5, from 7:00 p.m. to 7:45 p.m. During the week of March 1, we will send the event link to all registrants.
9. Share your results. Within one week after the fundraiser ends on March 5, share the results with your donors. You can send an email, or you could post an “update” on your Virtual Table page and send it to the guests who donated. Calling your donors is always a wonderful option as well!
A note about payment options:
Your Virtual Table fundraising page will make it easy for guests to make a donation by credit card.
If any of your guests would like to make a gift by check or Donor-Advised Fund, they can mail their gift to SVT along with a note saying it should be counted toward your Virtual Table fundraising goal. Ask them to mail the checks to SVT, 18 Wolbach Road, Sudbury, MA 01776
Ready to create a Virtual Table?
If you have questions about being a Virtual Table Host or about using the CauseVox fundraising platform, please contact: