Earth Day 2021: In-Person and Online Programs
Events Sponsored by Other Organizations
Earth Day festivals are on hold for another year, but there are some in-person events in our region to help you celebrate and care for the earth. And of course, the web is full of online programs to help you explore nature around the world.
In-Person Programs and Events
- Science on State Street: Planet Earth Edition, Framingham State University, April 12 - April 24
- Musketaquid Earth Day Celebration, The Umbrella, Concord, April 24
- Earth Month Exhibition: Change is in the Air, The Umbrella Arts Gallery, Concord, ongoing until April 25
- Springfield Museums has planned a full schedule of activities for School Vacation Week.
Community clean-up days: Click the links to learn more from the event sponsors.
- Wayland, April 10
- Framingham, April 17
- Marlborough, April 17 - May 2
- Sudbury, April 24
- Boylston, April 24 & 25
- Hudson, April 24 & 25
- Upton, April 24 to May 2
- Harvard, April 25 & May 2
Online Programs and Events
Earth Day 2021. Three Days of Climate Action, sponsored by EarthDay.Org:
- Global Youth Climate Summit, including panels, speeches, discussions, and special messages with today’s youth climate activists including Greta Thunberg, Alexandria Villaseñor, and Licypriya Kangujam. April 20.
- We Shall Breathe: This virtual summit will examine climate and environmental justice, connecting the climate crisis to issues of pollution, poverty, police brutality, and the pandemic, all within a racial justice framework. April 20.
- Teach for the Planet Global Education Summit: A multilingual virtual summit focused on the crucial role that educators play in combating climate change and why we need transformative climate education now. April 21.
- Earth Day Live, "Restore Our Earth": A digitial event with workshops, panel discussions, and special performances on natural processes, emerging green technologies, and innovative thinking that can restore the world’s ecosystems. April 22, starting at noon.
Online Nature-Themed Programs
- Creating a Hummingbird Paradise at Home, April 13, 4:00 p.m., American Bird Conservancy
- The Living Soil, April 14, 7:30 p.m., Energize Wayland
- Virtual Earth Day Festival, starts April 18, Springfield Museums
- Kids in the Garden: Seeds!, April 21, 3:30 p.m., The Trustees
- Explorer Classroom: Our Pristine Seas (ages 4 - 8), April 19, 11:00 a.m., National Geographic
- Hearts of Glass: Cutting-edge food production meets meaningful employment for people with disabilities, streaming April 16 - April 24. Viewing and a Conversation About Cultivating Employment, Plants, Community and Inclusion, April 22, 7:00 p.m. Wellesley College
- Explorer Classroom: Our Pristine Seas (ages 9 - 14), April 22,10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m., National Geographic
- Wildlife Connections: Using Trail Cameras To Learn About Our Wildlife Neighbors, April 29, 7:00 p.m. SVT