Join SVT for our 5th annual celebration of local trails on Saturday, June 11, 2016 (rain date is Sunday, June 12). Special thanks to our sponsors Waymark Wealth Management and Baldwin Insurance Agency.
The 2016 Trail Fest will be held at Mainstone Farm and Hamlen Woods in Wayland (100 Old Connecticut Path, Wayland). In the morning, you will have your choice of 10K, 6K, and 3K guided walks, exploring this beautiful historic landscape. Stretching and wellness before and after the walks will be led by Earthsong Yoga.
- 10K (6.2 miles) walks start at 8:30 am (3.5 hours over wooded, hilly terrain)
- 6K (3.7 miles) walks start at 10:00 am (2 hours over wooded, hilly terrain)
- 3K (1.9 miles) walks start at 10:30 am (1.5 hours over hilly terrain)
All walks end at noon with a festival awaiting!
- Live music from the Milltown Rounders.
- The grill is on, with delicious foods and drink.
- Petting zoo with McDonny's Traveling Farm. They'll be bringing bantam chickens, ducks, bunnies, and a goat or lamb, each in its own pen. Kids will sit in chairs and get to hold the baby animals on their lap.
- Wayland Fire Department Education Team focusing on trail rescues.
- Seed bombs, a fun activity for all ages. Everyone participating gets to take home a native plant that should germinate in the next couple weeks.
- Fun and games for all ages: face painting, tug of war, cornhole, sack races.
Due to the size of the event, dogs are not allowed at Trail Fest.
What to wear, what to bring
Attendees should dress appropriately for the weather and for long trail walks, as well as for spending time at the festival in an open field. We recommend that you dress in layers and bring hats and sunglasses.
Also, be sure to bring bug spray, suntan lotion, and plenty of water for your trail walk.
- SVT Members: $5 each; $10 per family
- Non-Members: $15 each; $25 per family
When registering for Trail Fest, you must select two options:
- First, select your pricing group (individual or family, member or non-member).
- Then, select your trail walk preference. Skip the trail walk option if you want to attend the afternoon festival only.