National Trails Day Trail-a-Thon
May 23, 2014
Saturday, June 6, Northwest Framingham, Beginning and ending at the Framingham Friends Meetinghouse, 841 Edmands Road.
Special thanks to MutualOne Bank for their sponsorship
SVT Members: $5 for an individual, $10 for a family
Non-Members: $10 for an individual, $25 for a family. Non-members are entitled to a one-year SVT membership with payment.
Payment includes a guided walk on the trails, along with snacks, a BBQ lunch, live music and more...
Registration strongly encouraged
ABOUT NATIONAL TRAILS DAY
Occuring annually on the first Saturday in June, the American Hiking Society's National Trails Day is designed to promote and celebrate the trail system in the United States. Organizations around the country host NTD events on trails to share their love with friends, family, and communities.
HOW WILL THE WALKS BE ORGANIZED?
We will form groups of 10-20 walkers with two leaders per walk. The leaders are knowledgeable about the flora and fauna in Northwest Framingham and will point out interesting plants and land formations along the trail. There are three different walk lengths.
- 10K walk (6.2 miles).
- Education pace with the goal of completing in four hours. Start time 9:00
- Exercise pace with the goal of completing the walk in three hours. Start time 10:00
- 5K walk (3.1 miles)
- Education pace with the goal of completing in two hours. Start time 11:00
- Exercise pace with the goal of completing in ninety minutes. Start time 11:30
- 3K walk (1.9 miles)
- A family friendly walk for people of all ages. The trail will contain a few well placed items of interest that will be especially appealing to those under age 9. The pace is easy, with the goal of completing in two hours. Start tme 11:00.
WHAT TO BRING FOR YOUR TRAIL WALK
- Bug Spray
- Outerwear appropriate for the weather
- Sturdy hiking shoes
- Light snack for the walk
We plan to have all walks finish by 1:00, allowing everyone to gather for the post-walk celebration. Enjoy live music by The Pennies, BBQ, and fun and games for kids. Register now this year’s Trail-a-Thon.